So I have been teaching Eli some spanish (we try for 3-4 words a week). We started off with words like terrifico, perfectamundo, fantastico, etc... as a way for him to be descriptive. I knew when he described his dinner as "perfectamente" that we were on to something. He now knows how to say pants, shirt, shoes, traffic, back, body, and so many other fun words in spanish. Such a smartie.
So I just put Eli down for his nap and I could tell he wasnt going to go to sleep without a fight. About 5 minutes after I left him in his room he starts to scream "I WANT MY PANTALONES, I WANT MY PANTALONES NOW!!!!
So I went into his room, and not only were his pants off they were hanging from his drapery rod( I have no idea).
It is so wonderful that he can be a 2 year old in any lanuguage!
P.S. Today at toddler science class he decided he was down hiking (1/4 a mile from the end of the hike) so I had to scoop him up and carry him (with nate in a backpack on my back) all the way back to our car (people, that is 64 pounds of man). He was upset that I wouldnt let him hangout on the trail so he told me "Mommy I am so mad at you for stealing me away from the sidewalk". It is so hard not to laugh at his antics. What a funny little boy!
3 comments:
Eli is an amazing child!! If I hadn't heard some of his "things" first hand it would be hard to believe a two year old could be so clever and smart. Thanks for the great story...it made my lunch hour fun. Love Grammy
Eli,
I think you should give your mommy a great big bear hug, for lugging you back to the car. I know, you wanted to sit by the flow of traffic and watch the girls cruise by.
I wonder if he threw those pantalones left handed or right handed.
Love you all,
Gromma and Pop Pop
Post a Comment