Sunday, October 7, 2007

More Tales from Toddlerville

Eli is the proud new owner of a turtle sandbox/pool. This kid loves to dig and dump dirt, but he loves water even more! Look at that sweet face! He is such a water baby.
Overall, Eli has done a terrific job since switching over to a big boy bed. He never has any problems staying in his bed at night; however, naptime is unpredictable at best. This picture shows Eli waking up (yep, on the floor) after he eventually fell asleep while reading on the floor (1.5 hours after he was supposed to go to sleep...silly toddler). Look at our tall little boy. Doesnt he look more and more like his daddy?
RANDOM ELI MOMENTS:
"PRHASE OF THE WEEK: Eli has a new phrase if you ask him, "Eli, did you finger paint with mommy today?" he responds "yes, I do" (meaning:yes I did). If you ask, "Eli did you kick the doggy, dump over your plate of food, swat at your baby brother, or turn into liquid toddler so mommy couldnt get you up to naptime without having to carry you like a sack of potatoes?", he responds wth "yes, I do" (meaning:you bet I did and I enjoyed every second of it).
DINOSAURS: Eli LOVES dinosaurs. In fact, he loves them so much he can distinguish between a triceratops and a t-rex and even knows what a paleontolgist is. I am not joking here people. We were in toys-r-us and he saw a big toy triceratops and he shouts "dino, dino" "Look triceratops". I was floored. He is such a smartie-pants.
KNOCK KNOCK JOKE: Eli has made up his own knock-knock joke and boy does he think he is funny (he really is such a funny little guy). He says "Knock, Knock" and if you say "whose there" he says "Eli's home". The trick is to ask whose there before he gets to the punch line. When he is done he laughs himself silly (well, sillier than he already is).
I'M CUTE: Yep, Eli points to himself, and says "Im Cute". He knows he is and loves it (and so do we).




3 comments:

Gromma said...

All I want for Christmas is for you to compile all the blog entries for 2007. There is no better record of the milestones and special moments in your precious family.

Wait until Nate is right there with big brother Eli, saying what he says and doing what he does! I am not sure if that will be "double jepardy", or "double delight"

Love you,

Gromma

Rebecca Ladina said...

Look at those long legs!!!! He's going to be taller than Auntie in a year!!!

Grammy said...

I think his legs are even longer than his dad's!!!