Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Eli the singing toddler

Eli is a singing fool! He loves to sing with his momma (our favorites include the"itsy bitsy spider", our own version of "That's Amore", Raffi's "Going to the Zoo", any train song, and lots of silly made-up songs we sing to each other. He also will hum and sing to himself quite often and you can catch him sort-of getting his groove on when he thinks no one is watching (or if everyone in the store is watching...he likes an audience too!). Eli is also a demanding task master and when I sing to him (which I do throughout the day, at strange times) he will demand that I keep singing the same song over, and over, and over again. When I finish he shouts "Again" or "Sing Again". Lately, he has added in NOW, for good measure. At target today, he started to sing the "Rubber Ducky" song and when I didnt jump in and sing with him he got a bit incensed so what was any good (and by good I mean crazy) mom to do but sing with him.

So picture this: A slightly tired looking mom with a kind-of maniacal gleam in her eyes (sleep depravtion+ coffee+chocolate) singing the Rubber Ducky Song while carrying a gigantic 6 month old in the baby bjorn who is squealing at the top of his longs because we are singing, while simultaneously pushing a cart that holds a toddler singing his own version of the rubber ducky song and periodically shotting AGAIN at the top of his lungs. We are nothing if not entertaining!

1 comment:

Gromma said...

ELi, you look as though you were posing for a teen magazine. You know, the ones where all the newest heart throbs tell their stories!

Sam and Sam, beware...Marissa is only the first of many girls that Eli will have in his harem!

Keep singing Buddy, it is in your genes!

Love you,

Gromma