Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nate and the Big Boy Bed!

Happy toddler after a 3 hour nap! Yep, that does make for a happy mommy too!
A big boy, in his big boy bed! 

So in an effort to prevent head trauma, broken arms and legs, and internal bleeding we switched Nate to a toddler bed this weekend. We have noticed for several weeks that Nate was putting his legs all the way up on the top bar of his crib. Well, last friday Sam came in to Nate's room to find him "riding pony" on the top rail of the crib. Awesome! Sam got the room safety proofed (window guards, special plug boxes, etc...), and we switched him Sunday! He has been napping about every other day, and oh does this mommy miss my consistent napper Nate. he does a great job at night. I cried when I first saw him in the big boy bed. He is my baby and he is growing up way too fast!

2 comments:

Gromma said...

He looks as though he already fills the bed completely! Nate, you are always so sweet when you wake up. Especially if it is your mommy who comes into get you. Gromma is glad that you daddy got your room "Big Boy " proof, and I hope you enjoy your domain as much as your brother does. his.

We love you,

Gromma and PopPop

Grammy said...

Oh no. I could cry too. They do grow up fast. He sure seems to like the big boy bed.