Saturday, October 4, 2008

Meet Ramone


Meet Ramone! Ramone is our new double jogging stroller and he is something special! He is one of only 2 double joggers that are big enough for my extra-tall boys to grow in to! He is also wide enough for them to sit comfortably (Yep, we are not small people and we like our space!). 

Best of all, Ramone is a smooth-riding monster truck type of stroller that can handle anything we throw his way! Ramone joined our family on friday during nap-time. I put him together and the boys and I took our first run together to a park 1.5 miles from here! (and by run I mean staggered up a small 1.5 mile hill at a near stand-still pace, before collapsing on the playground and setting the boys free while I tried not to puke). We had a great time at the park and had a great run DOWN HILL on the way home. 

Now, I have just gotten back into running and have been feeling pretty great about my progress thus far! But running with Ramone is something entirely different! People, that is a 33 pound stroller with 69 pounds of man strapped into it! 102 pounds of madness! 

We are heading out for run 2 tomorrow morning! It is such a fun thing for the boys and I to do together! They love the speed and chant "run, run, run" at me! What great motivators! 

P.S. Eli named Ramone after the coolest car in the Disney "Cars" movie!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Ramone is a great addition to the family. I can't think of two better personal trainers than Nate and Eli. Enjoy!!

Gromma said...

Wow, I want someone to jog me around in my own Ramone. It even looks like a cool off road truck. Way to go!

You are going to be such a buff momma, sammy, we may be traveling out there to watch you run a triathalon, not just a marathon.

Love,
Momma

Rebecca Ladina said...

ramone rules!!!! you go girl!!!!