Sunday, July 13, 2008

I think I can, I think I can!!!

There was a fire truck too!
Nate communing with Nature! I think the goat was nervous...he should have been.
Nate striking his model's pose! Look at those guns!
One of the characters from the book was part of the train crew! The elephant and Eli were pals!
The King men waiting for the little Engine that Could to pull into the station!
Eli going bonkers when he saw the Little Engine That Could! Priceless. 
Eli making whistle sounds as we cruised down the tracks!
The King Men posing with the coolest train ever!
Eli posing with his new favorite girl, the Little Engine that Could.

We had the most amazing morning. There is a railway museum about 30 minutes from us and it happened to be one of the stops for "The Little Engine That Could Tour".  We got to see the museum trains, meet the little engine that could, go for a 30 minute train ride on the little engine that could, do the petting zoo, train stations, and even climb up in a fire truck! The day was boy-tastic fun! This tour comes back every year and we cant wait for next July! 

3 comments:

Gromma said...

What an adventure! I wish I could have been there to watch Eli when the train pulled in...He will always remember this. Even if he is only two, he will talk about it until it is there forever!

How did Nate like the train? He seems to like communing with the goat. A lot like Eli last summer.

The boys are so lucky to have a mom and dad who take them to experience all this cool stuff.

Love to all,

Gromma

Grammy said...

What big smiles everyone has...definitely having a great time. Eli's face when the train arrives is certainly a Kodac moment!!

(Nate is getting hugh...but I guess you know that!!)

Love Grammy

Rebecca Ladina said...

ummmm - eli is so big he's going to be giving me piggy back rides at the zoo in a couple of weeks! and nate is totally striking a pose . . . looks like you have two hams on your hands!