The King Brothers have ventured into swimming lessons. I know, I know, how does a former life guard allow her children to turn 3 and 4 without knowing how to swim. It really breaks down to two reasons 1) Eli's ears (tubes, etc...) and 2) I do not like parent child swim lessons. I have done every type of class with these boys from sports to music and art and the only class I haven't enjoyed so very much is swimming. Both boys did lessons as little babies and then... nothing for two years! Well they are back big time. In preparation for swim camp (where they will spend the mornings over the summer) they just finished up 6 swim lessons! They were great.
Eli insists that he can swim, and he can...under water. He is like a fish and his complete lack of fear in the waster is amazing. He is also going to be the death of me as he stays under for a LONG time and lets go when he shouldnt! Eli is also a sinker and can't float to save his life. Poor baby got that from his mommy!
Nate, well Nate just floats! He is like a cork floating on the water. Surprisingly, Nate does not LOVE to get his whole head under water and he likes to be in control of all his movements. He is comfortable in the water but he is not nearly as confident as Eli and for the first time in his life is actually showing some fear! There is hope for my wild child after all!
Swim camp starts on June 7th and goes until August 1st (though they will have one week off for our vacation). They will do swim lessons, arts and crafts, sports, free play and games from 8:30 to noon over the summer! We are joining the swim club that holds the camp so we can swim in the afternoons too! Next summer Eli will start junior swim team and I can't wait! That was the highlight of every summer until I was 11!
2 comments:
Yeah for swimming! I can't wait for them to show Gromma what they know. Keep it up, guys. It is so neat to see them in the pool, and brings back great memories of you and Chris, Sammy.
Kisses,
Gromma
As a former life guard myself I never could teach my own kids either. I can't wait to see those two little fish at the end of the summer.
Post a Comment