Sunday, November 4, 2007

Allerton Park Hiking

Nate-Dog: Hanging in the big boy back pack!
Chunky little gnome!!!

Sam and Eli playing in the Sangamon River!!!

Ok. To all family and friends that have visited us out here and quickly realized that we live in the MOST boring place on earth, we apologize. WE found a terrific park about 35 minutes from here (owned by U of I) that has gorgeous hiking trails on/near the Sangamon river (it is an old estate donated to the university that includes a massive walled garden, maze, and acres and acres of trails). It was such fun to go out and hike around with the boys this afternoon. We all love being outdoors and have missed hiking. Eli is quite the intrepid explorer and managed to find a walking stick early on, though he did cruise in the stroller for part of the way. Nate got to ride in the big boy back pack and he LOVED it! We are going to get a second pack and Sam can carry Eli (those packs carry up to 45 lbs of baby) and I will pack Nate.

3 comments:

Gromma said...

Nate looks as though he is expectecting great things out of the back pack. I just love his smile. Have you noticed that Eli always has his mouth open when he smiles, and that Nate most often has his closed. It is neat that they are such individuals. Nates smile is an old fashioned "come hither" smile!

I will pray for all of you to be well SOON!

I hope you sleep tonight Sammy.

Love to all,

gromma

Grammy said...

Hiking with your boys....what a fun day. How exciting to explore Illinois.

Nate's smile is his trade mark. What a happy baby!!

See you in a few days. Love you all.

Jamison said...

Sam! Greetings from KY. Charlotte and I love checking in on your wonderful family. I am happy to see that you have found Allerton Park. Scott and I hiked there when he was in grad school. Our best to you, Jamison and Charlotte