Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Finger Painting and the Word of the Week!

Tee Hee Hee...While momma wasn't looking I licked the paint and got my face!
These are the hands of pure artistic genius!

This is what I look like after the sink bath I had to have following finger painting!

Eli and I are taking a toddler art class on Monday afternoons and it is SOOOOO much fun. He loves finger painting most of all though, so while Nate took his morning nap Eli and I had a finger painting party...and what a party it was! He loves the feel of the paint and calls it sticky, wet, and gooey. He also tells me what colors he wants and is totally fascinated by the colors he makes by swirling them together.
In other Eli news, the word of the week is NO! When the mood strikes him (which can be once a day or every 10 minutes) the word NO spews from his mouth at an alarming rate. However, he is not indiscriminate about how he uses it. When he is in a No mood and you ask him " Eli do you love mommy? " he will say no. " Eli do you love Daddy?", and he will say no. Now if you ask him, "Eli are you a good boy?" He will say " Eli good boy". Yep, thats my boy, with a smart mouth at the ripe old age of 21 months! (My mom says this is pay back as we all know he got this from me).

3 comments:

Rebecca Ladina said...

Looks much more fun than my average day!!!! Love the hair do after the sink bath, very LA . . . glad to see he's bringing some style to the midwest!!!

Love,
Bec

Grammy said...

The expression in his eyes...what a little devil!! He is something else.

Gromma said...

Oh yeah...the eyes say it all!

This is a child who will never be able to hide his emotions. I highly recommend that he never takes up poker. First of all, Sammy, you are a saint for turning your dining table into a painting table. But, looking at his expressions and body langauge, I'd say he is an artist in the making.

The "no" stage will pass, and he will come up with another that will drive you eqaully bonkers. I promise!

Love to all,

Momma/gromma