Monday, November 28, 2011

Nate's Field Trip to Busey Woods

Turning over a log on our hike to see what insects live underneath
Doing the prairie hookey-pookey
The frog lady is teaching them all about life in the woods
Put that camera down and carry me back to the car Momma!

I got to be one of the parent chaperones on Nate's Pre-k class field trip to Busey Woods and the Anita Purves nature center! It was so fun! They taught us all about the critters and insects that live in the woods and we then took a 1 mile hike through the woods. In the woods we actually saw a momma with two older babies! We then flipped over several fallen logs to hunt insects! It was a little boys dream come true! I love that I am able to share these moments with my guys!

1 comment:

Gromma said...

What a great filed trip. You are so lucky to live where there are real woods to explore.

Gromma