Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Circus: Zing, Zang, Zoom

Wizards making cotton candy disappear!
The Elephants and riders!

Barnum and Bailey's Circus came to town and the boys and I met up with a couple of other families to watch the magic! The show had a magic theme "Zing, Zang, Zoom" and the ring master was an amazing illusionist! The boys loved the magic! Beyond the magic the favorites were the dog and cat acts (seriously silly), the modern day clowns (no scary makeup), the motorcycles in the cage act, and the elephants! Nate (and his mommy) did not like the lion act because we felt like the lions weren't happy getting flicked by the whip! Nate asked me to make the man stop hurting the lions and it broke my heart! I love his sweat little heart! I made the mistake of getting them cotton candy (that came with a wizard hat) and a lemonade that came with a lion cup cozy...they were whacked out for about 4 hours! All in all it was so much fun to share the magic with them! Next time, we will sneak out for the big cat act and back in when it is over!

2 comments:

Gromma said...

I agree with Nate about the lion acts. I always wanted to whip the lion tamer. Love the pictures, you are a good mommy to take them to the circus.

Gromma

Grammy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for all the great pictures!