Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blueberry picking with the King Brothers

Eli riding the "horse"
Gromma helping Nate with his pony riding techniques
Eli plowing the crops with his tractor
A feral animal crawling out of the berry bushes... terrifying!
My berry pickers!

We got to go blueberry picking at a darling farm outside of town. It is the end of blueberry season but there were a ton of berries to be found! The boys did a great job (you too Gromma) and we gathered 1.5 pounds of berries... yum! Nate had a particular fondness for the green berries, and Eli was a man on a mission! After we picked berries the boys played at the farm's play area! Such a treat to have fresh berries!

2 comments:

Gromma said...

I had a ball. The boys were so great, listened well, and picked like champs. AND...the berries were so yummy!

I hope to go again with you next year.

XXOO

Gromma

Grammy said...

Someday I'll have to take them to Weed to go blackberry picking! Looks like everyone had a great time.