Monday, July 27, 2009

Mud Party/Paint Party

The end result... Naked and crazy!
Two, exhausted boys! (seriously, could Eli flirt with the camera any more?)
The orange man! Nate loves the color orange! It is always his first choice!
Eli still goes with the two paint-brush technique!
Men at work!
Look at the face! He loves being a crazy man in the mud!
Too proud of himself!

This morning was quite a morning! We went shoe shopping at our local hippy shoe shop (keens, merrells, birks, etc...) they were having a shoe sale so we went and picked up some new big boy shoes for Eli for the fall (size 12, that boy is growing like a weed). Nate is in-between sizes so we are going to wait a month to see how he grows! After shoe shopping the boys and I walked down the street (down-town urbana) to a darling coffee shop and they had a croissant and fruit salad for snack. We then checked out the guitar shop and day-dreamed over the electric guitars they will some day play. Finally, we headed home... to the real adventure!

Today seemed like a gorgeous day to paint outside so we headed out back and within 2 seconds Eli stepped in dog poop and then stepped in it with the other shoe. That was super! So I had him take his shoes off and sprayed both the patio and Eli's shoes. I ran inside to get a towel and came back out to the MUD PARTY!!! Those two little crazy boys went for it in the mud puddle I had created and I let them! We did that fun for a while and then I had them wash off in the water table. I also chased them around the yard with the hose. Next up: Painting!

The painting was so much fun and they take it so seriously. I love watching them express themselves whether in mud or paint.

When we finished up I stripped them naked and they took a mid-day bath together! So fun! Honestly, one of my top five favorite mornings ever!

2 comments:

Gromma said...

Lucky boys..that your momma enjoys your spontaineous expressions of boy fun.

What a marvelous memory.

Love and hugs,

Gromma

Grammy said...

What a mom!!