It's County fair time. No this may come as a shock to some of you (pretty much everyone but my own family and Nikki), but I used to be in 4H. I showed/raised rabbits and horses! I loved it, and was even president of my 4H club in 8th grade. Yeah, I was that kid! It was a beloved phase of my ever changing identity during those tween/teen years (cheerleading came next, so there is no logic here).
The point is that I love the fair! I made noises about not being sure if the boys were ready but I was. The animals, the smells of disgusting fried food/carnival workers, it is like heaven to me!
off we went and the boys loved it too! Except they had no interest in anything but the flashing lights and mechanical fires waiting to happen that were the toddler rides in "kidde land". They had at least 10 rides designed for kids between 36 and 52 inches (Nate just snuck in...thank goodness for the great full head of hair!).
They loved the dino ride, the boat ride, the vehicle ride, they loved the train, and Eli loved his trip on the giant slide with daddy! They were completely unimpressed by the animals (except for the cow that pooped right in front of Eli), but I loved it!
Most importantly, watching the magic of a carnival/fair from the eyes of a two and three year old is special. It is so easy to see the tarnish and germs (we used a copious amount of hand sanitizer when we got back to the car) but it really is a thing of joy!
2 comments:
Yeah for the fair! I can remember lovng her when I was little, then loving it with you, and knowing that you love it with your boys makes me smile.
Do you remember how much you and Chris loved the midway at the Mid-Winter Fair?
Great pictures,
Love you all,
Momma
Growing up in Weed we spend the summers looking forward to the Siskiyou Co. Fair each August. Special memories.
Post a Comment