Friday, August 22, 2008

Giant Toddler Update

This is our "baby" at almost 17 months! 
Notice the devilish glint in his eyes! He is ALWAYS up to mischief!

Nate was cracking Eli and I up at lunch yesterday with his funny faces and mimicry, so I had to snap a few more high chair poses (seriously people it is almost impossible to capture Nate on film if he isnt strapped down.... he is like the mysterious big foot). Nate is such a funny little guy. He has made huge physical and mental leaps in the last month. He is talking in lots and lots of 2 and 3 word sentences and learning new words at an incredible rate. His favorite new phrase is "hear kitty kitty" that he picked up from watching Gromma call her cats! Pretty funny! He is also likes to emphatically say "yes" with head shaking emphasis and "No" with equal fervor! 

The boy is a monkey climber. His most notable climbing accomplishments include the train table at the book store, any and every couch and chair, and our coffee table. He climbed the coffee table by turning a toy box upside down, pushing it to the coffee table, and using it to climb right on up! My hair is turning grey as I type this! 

More of the adventures of Eli and Nate to come! 

3 comments:

Grammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grammy said...

He's grown in the week since I've seen him!! It looks like the days of pictures from high chair are numbered. What BIG BOYS you have!!

Thanks for the new pictures. I miss you all so much. Love you.

Gromma said...

I agree with Grammy...the boy needs his own booster seat. They are two loveable giants.

I refuse to wash their fingerprints off our french doors. All I have to do is look at those and think up the boys who made them.

I also feel sorry for momma and daddy, when looking at the gleam in those eyes, I know that means mischief...good luck!

Love

Gromma