Monday, March 22, 2010

The Indianapolis Children's Museum: The Thank Goodness we don't use strollers any more edition

Nate at the sand table. He REALLY didn't want to leave the sand table.
Crazy-eyed Eli pretending to be a squirrel in the tree house
The water table is always a favorite
Nate fixing a sink in the "Build the Builder" exhibit
Nate driving a car. Whose eyes are crazier? Nate's or the car's?
Eli "drafting" his plans for a house.
Excavating dinosaur bones in the Dinosphere
Nate excavating dino bones
Dinosaur Eli hatching his dino eggs
Pure Joy! Eli loves the dinosaur exhibit!

We pretended that today was a weekend (Sam had to take a furlough day) and we went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum! We had such a great day. I can't get over how big my boys are and how these trips are a pure treat now! No stroller, no diapers (Nate was dry the whole day), no temper tantrums (minor miracle). They both loved the dino exhibit. They got to see all of the fossils and excavate for fossils in the dino dig. They also got to watch two real life paleontologists work on the skeleton of a triceratops. They were fascinated by the tiny drills and tools. We ran in to one of Eli's best school friends and his family. Eli claims that he was too busy excavating to talk to Leo, but he did say hi. I think Leo felt the same way. BOYS! Other hits were the Bob the Builder exhibit, the Egypt exhibit, and of course the water table and playscape. This hands-on museum is amazing. The boys finished their day with a scoop of rainbow sherbert and an hour long nap ride in the car on the way home! Life is, indeed, very very good.

2 comments:

Gromma said...

What a fun adventure! Love the pictures and I think I would have loved the dinosaur exhibit, too. What a great way to spend a furlough day.

Love and hugs,

Gromma

Grammy said...

I can't believe I haven't checked the blog all week! What a fun family day. They are growing up way too fast.

FYI: our furlough's might be gone..stayed turned we are waiting for yet another court decision.