Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Eli turned 5!!!

We woke Eli up right about the time of his birth (7:30ish) and he walked out his bedroom door and saw his enormous pirate ship!
Sleepy but totally stoked about the size of his pirate ship!
Boy + Pirate Ship=Happiness
The Pirate Ship Cake Masterpiece! Seriously, my boy loves Pirates!
Loving on Eli after he made a wish!
Birthday song at Chevy's never gets old!
This boy is 5!
Remember this little sweetie-pie!

Oh, my Eli! I can hardly believe that you are already 5 years old. I still remember so clearly what it was like to want you so much and have to wait, and wait, and wait and wait for you to make up your mind to come out already! You were strong-willed at birth and you still are today! I am not sure there could ever be words to capture that instant love I felt when I held you for the first time! I knew that you were going to be special but you are beyond anything this mommy could have hoped for. You are loving, kind, imaginative, sweet, inventive, passionate, obstinate, and clearly destined for greatness! I love your gigantic heart and infectious sense of humor. I love how dearly you love your family and friends. I love your fascinating mind and your endless curiosity. I love you to the moon and back times infinity!

2 comments:

Gromma said...

Happy Birthday, Big Guy! Five years have gone by so fast,I can hardly believe it. Your pirate cake is awesome! I'll bet it takes a week to eat all of that.

Gromma and PopPop love all the pictures and they make us feel like we were right there with you to celebrate.

Hugs and Kisses,

Gromma

Grammy said...

Sammie your cakes are just amazing. You're right about Eli he's everything we wanted and then some!!! Such a special child. Happy Birthday Eli!!